Lucia Lopez Ortega shot a 4-under 67 and is tied for second overall as the San José State women’s golf team is second after the first round of the Stanford Intercollegiate at the Stanford Golf Course.
- Lopez Ortega is one of four players to shoot a 4-under 67 on the day. She shot a clean card on the day with her four birdies and 14 pars.
- Antonia Malate shot a 3-under 68 and is tied for sixth place. She made six birdies over her round, tying for the most birdies made in the round for the field.
- Kajsa Arwefjäll shot an even-par 71 and is tied for 22nd. She made the team’s first eagle of the season on the par-5, 477-yard 12th hole.
- Louisa Carlbom is tied for 44th at 2-over 73, making three birdies on her round.
- Jordyn Parr is tied for 78th with a 5-over 78.
- Playing as an individual, Rebecca Gyllner is tied for 71st at 4-over 75.
- San José State is one of five teams that shot under par for the first round. The Spartans are just three shots behind top-ranked Stanford and two shots ahead of Denver.
- The tournament features 13 teams ranked in the top-50 of Golfstat.