San José State women’s golf coach Dana Dormann has been named to the watch list for the 2021-22 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride. The award will be announced after medal play at the upcoming NCAA Championship.
Dormann has led the Spartans to four tournament wins including a Mountain West Championship this season. The fifth-ranked Spartans have defeated No. 1 Stanford twice and No. 2 Oregon and are the top-seed at the NCAA Ann Arbor, May 9-11.
Recognized as the highest annual coaching honor in women’s collegiate golf, the Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride is awarded annually to the top coach in Division I, II III and NAIA women’s golf. The recipient is selected by a prestigious collection of women’s collegiate golf coaches who follow criteria that has been established to identify the top head coach for the past year:
1. The award will be determined by vote from the Division I Awards Committee upon review of the 10 highest ranked coaches in each region and their respective records for the year.
2. From that list, the committee will determine the Golf Pride Regional Coach of the Year.
3. The top three per region, based on the vote, will be considered by the Committee for the Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride and this will be based on the entire seasons’ results.
Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride Watch List
· Mike Akers, University of North Texas
· Kalen Anderson, University of South Carolina
· Emily Bastel Glaser, University of Florida
· Amy Bond, Florida State University
· Gerrod Chadwell, Texas A&M University
· John Crooks, Campbell University
· Dana Dormann, San José State University
· Jan Dowling, University of Michigan
· Missy Farr-Kaye, Arizona State University
· Carrie Forsyth, University of California, Los Angeles
· Kim Lewellen, Wake Forest University
· Emily Marron, University of Central Florida
· Ryan Murphy, University of Texas
· Mic Potter, University of Alabama
· Derek Radley, University of Oregon
· Greg Robertson, Oklahoma State University
· Garrett Runion, Louisiana State University
· Ria Scott, University of Virginia
· Justin Silverstein, University of Southern California
· Anne Walker, Stanford University