More than occasionally, we sprinkle a bit of Hollywood into the Bay Area golf scene.
Here’s one not of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am celebrity variety:
Lisa O’Hurley is Founder and CEO of LOHLA SPORT, arguably the hottest premium ladies’ golf-lifestyle apparel brand in the land. It’s selling like hotcakes at clubs in Northern California and online nationwide. The tops, bottoms, skorts, outerwear and accessories feature European design with Los Angeles flair. Annika Sorenstam is LOHLA SPORT’s global brand ambassador and she’s never looked better.
Lisa’s husband, John O’Hurley, is an actor, comedian, singer, author, television personality and movie star. Boasting hundreds of credits to his name, he hosted “Family Feud, starred in Broadway’s “Chicago” and played the J. Peterman on “Seinfeld” from which we selected a foursome of his off-the-wall one-liners of television lore:
- “Oh, my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist.”
- “Kudos, Elaine, on a job … done.”
- “You most likely know it as Myanmar, but it will always be Burma to me.”
- “Elaine, do you have any idea what happens to a butter-based frosting after sitting 60 years in a poorly ventilated English basement?”
Back to golf: Lisa, a former executive with Golf Channel and GOLFINO, plays to a four handicap. John is golf obsessed, too, competing in celebrity tournaments galore. They live in Thousand Oaks, but their ties to Northern California are super strong:
- Members at Mayacama Golf Club for 18 years and travel there often.
- Lisa has two holes-in-one on No. 5 at Mayacama.
- Lisa’s greatest experience at Mayacama: Hosting the annual Schulz Celebrity Golf Classic benefitting Sonoma County Children’s Charities (John and Lisa host the event).
- Their favorite aspect of Mayacama – Staying in the casitas, great food, great people, very relaxing, fantastic course. Love it all!
- LOHLA SPORT is carried in pro shops at many premier clubs in Northern California, including Mayacama, Quail Lodge, Tehama, San Francisco Golf Club, Palo Alto Hills, Sharon Heights, Blackhawk, Round Hill, Monterey Peninsula CC, The Preserve, La Rinconada, Almaden and Los Altos.
- John has been spokesman for several radio stations in Sonoma Country.
- Lisa’s favorite Northern California courses: Cypress, Pebble, Monterey Peninsula, San Francisco Golf Club, Harding Park.
- Best restaurant after a round of golf at Mayacama? Dinner right there in the clubhouse.
- Famous people with whom Lisa’s teed it up at Mayacama? “Our celebrity golf tournament draws lots of celebrities. I’ve won the tournament with Patrick Warburton one year. Some other favorites I’ve played with there include Steve Bono, Oliver Hudson, Notah Begay, Willie Gault, Matt McCoy, Bruce McGill, Chris Harrison and Cheech Marin.”
- John and Lisa got engaged at Pebble Beach on the 7thhole and that received a lot of publicity.
Talk about a Bay Area love affair.