The world is a little different now, folks. Sonoma County has allowed us to reopen our golf course, and we’re anxious to see our friends again. However, re-opening comes with new restrictions and a different way of doing business. You can read Sonoma County’s golf restrictions HERE. We will adhere to all of them but wish to emphasize a few. Please read this in its entirety.
- You must book your tee time online or by calling the golf shop at 707-865-1116. All tee time reservations are made for walking only.
- We have a new point-of-sale software system and tee time booking engine. You must register yourself online in order to reserve tee times through the new booking engine. You only have to do this once. Please CLICK HERE.
- Only Sonoma County residents are allowed to play.
- Tee time intervals are expanded to 15 minutes to further comply with mandated social distancing orders. Maximum group size is four.
- We strongly encourage you to download the Northwood App. Search “Northwood golf” in your app store.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your tee time and check-in at the walk-up window when your group is called.
- Mandated Social Distancing guidelines must be adhered to in the parking lot, on the golf course, and around all buildings. Please don’t assemble as groups before, during, or after your rounds.
- Do not pick up or use other player’s clubs and golf balls. You must arrive with your own clubs. Rental clubs are not available.
- RULE OF THUMB: If you take the head of your golf driver and point the grip at the person nearest you and can touch them, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE.
- You must wear a mask or face covering while interacting with any staff member, and in accordance with Sonoma County directives.
- Scorecards and pencils are not available. We strongly suggest downloading our Northwood Golf Club App located in the App store. The app has a digital scorecard to keep your scores and GPS for yardages.
- Staff levels are reduced and appropriate to facility activity (i.e., less staff when possible to limit possible exposure). Course Rangers will be monitoring golfers on the course to ensure social distancing and assisting with any player needs.
- The golf shop is closed for business, but the restroom will be open for use. We will clean and sanitize it on a regular basis. No more than two people are allowing in the building at one time. Golf shop merchandise can be purchased over the phone and picked up at the walkup window prior to playing.
- Please be prepared with your own pre-filled water bottle if needed. To-Go food & beverage orders are available for purchase at the Northwood Restaurant. Please dispose of your trash in the dumpster by the parking lot.
- Bunker rakes are removed and ball washers have been covered. Feel free to play preferred lies. Do not touch the flagsticks. The cups have been inverted and raised above ground level. Consider any putt hitting the cup as “holed.”
- Frequent hand washing is advised and bring your own hand sanitizer if needed.
- If you are feeling sick, stay away until you are healthy.
Our highest priority continues to be the health and safety of all guests and staff who come to Northwood. Golfers are asked to please help keep the golf course open by adhering to and respecting the safety guidelines that have been implemented. Northwood Golf Club staff will be strictly enforcing the safety guidelines. Patrons that cannot adhere to or respect the guidelines will be asked to leave without refund.
Changes will continue as we adapt to our new world. Stay tuned to our emails and website for updates.
Golf can be a peaceful refuge from all the uncertainty and unsettling news. If you choose to play, we’re here for you. We wish everyone good health and good luck.