Natasha Andrea Oon took sole possession of first place after shooting a two-under 69 in the second round of the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional as the fifth-ranked San José State women’s golf team moved into second place Tuesday after shooting and even-par 284 on the par-71 U-M Golf Course.
- Oon moved into first place at 3-under 139 and has a one-shot lead over Jennifer Cleary from Virginia. She made four birdies during her round including one on the par-4, 419-yard 18th hole. Oon was one of just seven players to birdie 18, as it played as the hardest hole of the day.
- Oon is the seventh Spartan in school history to shoot a 69 at an NCAA Regional. She was just one of two golfers to record a round in the 60s on Tuesday.
- Lucia Lopez Ortega moved into a tie for fourth place after shooting an even-par 71. She is 1-over, 143, for the two rounds.
- Lopez Ortega made three birdies on three of her first six holes and then made 10 pars before finishing double bogey-par.
- Antonia Malate shot a 2-over 73 on Tuesday and moved into a tie for 17th place at 5-over 147. She was the par-making machine with 15 made during her round and is tied for second-most made in the field with 28.
- Kajsa Arwefjäll was the third Spartan to shoot par or better in the second round as she finished at even-par 71. Arwefjäll is tied for 23rd at 7-over 149. She made 11 pars and four birdies during the round, but a double-bogey on the final hole left her at even par for the day.
- Louisa Carlbom shot a 5-over 76 in the second round and is tied for 42nd at 12-over 154.
- The Spartans are second in the team standings at 10-over 578. The team trails Virginia by just three shots heading into Wednesday’s final round.
- San José State leads the field in pars made with 124 and is fourth in birdies made at 20.
- The top-four teams from the regional advance to the NCAA Championships, May 20-25, at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Final round action begins at 8 a.m. ET/5 a.m. PT. The Spartans begin their round at 9:06 a.m. ET/6:06 a.m. PT.
NCAA Ann Arbor Regional
U-M Golf Course
Par 71, 6,265 yards
Team Results (after second round)
1. Virginia 294-281-575 +7
2. San José State 294-284-578 +10
3. Arkansas 291-291-582 +14
4. Michigan 293-300-593 +25
5. Washington 293-305-598 +30
6. Ohio State 300-304-604 +36
6. Pepperdine 300-304-604 +36
6. UCF 300-304-604 +36
6. Virginia Tech 302-302-604 +36
10. North Carolina 299-306-605 +37
11. Xavier 299-310-609 +41
12. Oakland 316-312-628 +60
1. Natasha Andrea Oon, SJ State 70-69-139 -3
2. Jennifer Cleary, Virginia 73-67-140 -2
3. Ela Anacona, Arkansas 69-73-142 E